Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

On 6/26/2012 17:42, ..I'd rather be coding ASM! wrote:

Ah, right, and I should clarify that I mean the CD bootloader on the
install CD.  That keeps me from installing NetBSD because the
bootloader complains and bombs.  I'll get the exact messages next time
I can boot it up after shuffling machines around.

Oh! .. out of interest, what is your sbus probelist set to, and is your
MAC set to all FF:FF:FF ..etc? Wondering if the IDprom's gone fut.

I've already piggybacked a coin cell on top of the RTC so it still remembers its name. :)

But the error specifically has to do with the OBP version. One of the IPXes has a slightly more recent version than the other and that's the one that NetBSD installed fine. The other one it won't load (same CD same drive).

I also swapped the PROM from one machine to the other and the install issue followed the chip.