Re: Re (3): installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 10:19:17AM -0700, peasthope%shaw.ca@localhost wrote:
> No offense to NetBSD or the people who work on it,
> but, yes, the slogan "Of course it runs on NetBSD"
> is appearing a little boastful.

Well, the project relies on reports (prefered as gnats PRs) from the users
testing the wide range of hardware out there. The two cases you mix here are
very different: U5 machines are well known to run well with both netbsd-5 and
-current. The sun4c ones on the other hand have probably not been well tested
lately, but used to work fine too. Guess I'll have to dig for my SS2 and
check -current ;-)

Martin