Port-sh3 archive

Re: installboot on landisk

(sorry for a late response)

> I am trying to fix it, but I don't understand how/why it worked before:
>
>  - sysinst creates a MBR NetBSD partition starting at sector 32 (on my disk)
>  - disklabel partition a starts at sector 32 too
>  - sysinst runs: installboot /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootffs2
>    This causes a warning that the old MBR is ignored (likely all zeroes)
>
> AFAICT none of this changed due to my changes.
>
> But also it can not work, can't it?
> It should probably use /dev/rwd0d for the installboot invocation, as it
> patches code into the MBR (at sector 0 of the disk, not 32).

Landisk firmware reads MBR sector (i.e. sector 0) at boot.
There is a MBR loader for NetBSD/landisk as i386 in /usr/mdec/mbr
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sh3/2009/09/02/msg000050.html
and it should be written by fdisk(8) with "-c" option.

The /usr/mdec/mbr loader checks NetBSD partition in MBR sector and
reads the first sector in the partition (i.e. NetBSD's wd0a) as i386.

---
Izumi Tsutsui