Re: PR 36158 (>256MB in O2)

Hello,

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 09:21:09 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> Out of curiosity:
> what is missing now for a N64 kernel? I had the impression other mips archs
> do that now, so it can not be too much.
>
> Martin
> (I need to fix the rtc in my O2 and try)

Older MIPS CPUs ( not sure if it's all of them or just R5k and the like ) have
some cache issues ( and had them for a long time, the last working
kernel/userland I have is 5.99.17 vintage ) - corruption happens when data gets
moved between processes. I don't see this on Loongson hardware although there's
still corruption on NFS writes ( not sure if that's the same issue though )
Otherwise, N32 kernels with N32 userlands work more or less. I didn't try N64
on my O2 yet but I'd expect some trouble ( kseg vs. xphys, assumptions about
LP32 etc. )

have fun
Michael