Re: PR 36158 (>256MB in O2)

On 2013-03-02, at 3:47 PM, Kevin Day wrote:

> Is anyone working on PR #36158 (NetBSD/sgimips does not properly detect the
> total amount of physical memory in an IP32 (O2) machine)?
>
> I'm working with a library who wants to reuse a bunch of O2 machines as
> locked down kiosk web browsing systems, but I wasn't aware of this limitation
> until we got reasonably down this path. Looking at the diff for OpenBSD to
> add support it doesn't seem trivial, but I'm not sure if all of that is
> needed here. Any progress on this since the last PR update?

I don't think there's been much activity on the sgimips port for a long time.
You may be better off just using OpenBSD as Miod and company seem to be more
active (and have the support you seek already). I think their sgi port is
almost entirely a superset of ours by now.

In any event, wouldn't the library be much better off with a bunch of cheap
atom machines? These SGIs are pretty ancient, and atoms would probably pay for
themselves in power savings over a few years.

Steve