Re: Xorg

Jochen Kunz wrote:

>> Now I have a reason to invest 80 Euro in a new 1386 NVRAM chip. :)
> Pardon? Where did you get this unreasonible high price for this chip
> from?
>
> You know that you can replace the dead battery in the NVRAM chip?
> Though, you need to know how to handle a soldering iron.

I heard about the possibility to open the chip, which Michael mentioned. And
I even used a soldering iron before, but I cannot imagine that I could cut it
open without any bigger accidents (to the NVRAM and to me ;).

> As you live in Germany. If you can't do the NVRAM operation yourself I
> offer to you: Send me the NVRAM chip + 5 EUR for shipping and a new
> battery and I'll do the operation for you.

Arrgh. Too late! I ordered it Friday afternoon. :|

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/