Re: Xorg

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:33:24 +0100
Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

> > To build a release with Xorg all you need is X11FLAVOUR=Xorg.
> In /etc/mk.conf?
Yes.

> What happens when you simply do
> $ ./build.sh -m sgimips -U -x -X<path> release
XFree is build.

> Isn't Xorg the default since 5.0?
Not on all ports. See src/BUILDING:
X11FLAVOUR  The style of X11 cross-built, set to either ``Xorg'' or
            ``XFree86''.

            Default: ``Xorg'' on amd64, i386, macppc, shark and sparc64
            platforms, ``XFree86'' on everything else.

> Now I have a reason to invest 80 Euro in a new 1386 NVRAM chip. :)
Pardon? Where did you get this unreasonible high price for this chip
from?

You know that you can replace the dead battery in the NVRAM chip?
Though, you need to know how to handle a soldering iron.

As you live in Germany. If you can't do the NVRAM operation yourself I
offer to you: Send me the NVRAM chip + 5 EUR for shipping and a new
battery and I'll do the operation for you.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen