Re: FAQ for configuring local boot

Quoting Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost>:

Any other comments before I commit (I'm not going to go into trying to
dual boot, so discussing sash is irrelevant)?

s/using/used/ in the first sentence. Everything looks alright to me, but there's no mention of setting the appropriate prom variables to autoboot and use the NetBSD bootloader.

Also, the entry seems to say that installing NetBSD is insufficient to get it booting and that those steps must be made manually after the fact. I don't think this is true -- sysinst should set up the volume header (although it doesn't change the prom variables.

By the way, there are sgivol(8) and boot(8) man pages for sgimips that could be referenced (and extended!).

Anyway, it looks good and is very clear to me. I say commit it.

Steve

Thanks,

--
Stephen