Re: Waiting for disks to spin up

Hi,

> Mine spin down during reset.
> They both show up though and eventually both spin up (tried now with 2 drives)
>
> Maybe it's just a timing issue maker/model thing where some disks are
> slower than others on reporting when they first start up and only
> report after a certain period of time.
> My secondary is a Samsung.

I have a pair of identical disks in mine:

  wd0: <ST3320620AS>
  wd1: <ST3320620AS>

but it is always the second that is sometimes missing.

> First I would check if satapresense() still reports the presence
> of a spun-down drive. After that, there is already a loop which tries
> to reset the drive ten times, with a delay of one second.

I haven't had a chance to check this though.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/