Re: Waiting for disks to spin up

> What was different?

I'm not sure if it was but I have a faint recollection that it was. It
could have been because of my machine having two sata-controllers
instead of the one that most NASes use.

> The change which I actually made was to wait for 10 seconds for each
> drive to become ready. That the drive exists can be determined for SATA,
> even when it is not ready. It works fine for my single drive NAS.
>
> Can you please test that, if your find the time? I still don't know why
> Julian's drives enter standby-mode during a reset.

Mine spin down during reset.
They both show up though and eventually both spin up (tried now with 2 drives)

Maybe it's just a timing issue maker/model thing where some disks are
slower than others on reporting when they first start up and only
report after a certain period of time.
My secondary is a Samsung.

If the delay has to be increased you might consider making that a
userdefined delay stored in the bootdisk in some conf file so those
who don't need it can turn it off because it's really neat to be able
to go from power-on to finished boot in 5 seconds or whatever it takes
now.

/Oscar