Re: DSM-G600 installation

korter wrote:

> As I see DSM-G600 is now supported by sandpoint port. Is there any plans
> to add installation guide?

Yes, indeed. I planned to write it last weekend, but then I was too
busy with finishing QNAP support (new RTC driver). :)

It is just a matter of days until such a guide is available.

> Due to limited u-boot version used on DSM-G600, there is no way to
> saveenv bootcmd string to autoboot altboot correctly. But is should be
> possible to flash altboot u-boot image as kernel using "loadb k", which
> is booted automatically by default. Am I on correct path here?

Absolutely. That's what I did. Additionally you should upload a dummy
ram-disk image, because the G600 U-Boot will always load both.

This is also one of the reasons that altboot got an interactive mode.
So you can boot the installation kernel via NFS or TFTP without problem.
The default is now to boot a netbsd kernel from the local disk.

--
Frank Wille