MP problems?

Hi,

I have a G4 "Mirror drive doors" dual 1.25GHz mac whic now runs a
recent NetBSD kernel (9.99.88 from September 15, fetched from
nyftp.netbsd.org).

Lately I've checked whether wip/rust can be built natively on the
box.  The answer appears to be "yes and no".

If I build with MAKE_JOBS set to 2, the build quickly comes to a
halt, typically with a SEGV in the rustc process, and this
typically happens quite early in the build process.  The rustc
process is typically excercising multi-threading if allowed to.

If I remove the MAKE_JOBS setting, defaulting it to 1, the rust
build completes without issue.  However, this build then nearly
takes as much time as when I do the build on one of my G4 Mac
Minis, so there is no actual benefit.

Are there kernel issues with MP processing on macppc / powerpc
which is responsible for this problem?

Regards,

- Håvard