Re: Synology DS109+ booting NetBSD (to root prompt)

Matt Thomas wrote:

>>> e300 is mpc8xx?  If so, I've started a port for the cyclades boxes.
>>
>> No, it's mpc83xx. For example MPC8349E or 8347.
>
> So it powerquicc 2?

Yes, Powerquicc II Pro.

> [..new port..]
>> I'm open for suggestions. ;)
>
> synppc

Sounds like Synology? There are certainly more NAS vendors, which would fit
into that category. Maybe "nasppc"?

You could also think about moving all BOOKE boards out of evbppc and make a
new port, called "booke"?

> note that OEA and BOOKE can't be shared in the same kernel.

Indeed, you're right! For a moment I thought that e300 is BOOKE as well, but
it is just the usual 603e core, like sandpoint.

But I hesitate to put mpc83xx boards into sandpoint, because the Sandpoint
reference platform means mpc824x based boards only.

--
Frank Wille