Re: X server support?

On 17-Sep-2008 Michael Lorenz wrote:
> That's a known problem, Magnus Henoch posted a workaround on port-
> macppc a while ago ( it 's a hack in ld.so_elf / rtld.c and avoids
> using __builtin_return_addr(0) which occasionally returns bogus on
> powerpc, so far xorg's module loader is the only known program that
> triggers it. I'm not aware of a similar problem on any other CPU
> architecture though.

I think we should commit this hack, along with all the other hacks we have
lying about that are required to get X working.  Note them in doc/HACKS or
whatever, but not having X is annoying.  (Wasn't the other one an additional
syncicache that needed to be added somewhere?  Commit that one too.)

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/