re: X server support?

   On 17-Sep-2008 Michael Lorenz wrote:
   > That's a known problem, Magnus Henoch posted a workaround on port-
   > macppc a while ago ( it 's a hack in ld.so_elf / rtld.c and avoids
   > using __builtin_return_addr(0) which occasionally returns bogus on
   > powerpc, so far xorg's module loader is the only known program that
   > triggers it. I'm not aware of a similar problem on any other CPU
   > architecture though.

   I think we should commit this hack, along with all the other hacks we have
   lying about that are required to get X working.  Note them in doc/HACKS or
   whatever, but not having X is annoying.  (Wasn't the other one an additional
   syncicache that needed to be added somewhere?  Commit that one too.)

i agree, but please make them #ifdef __powerpc__ only.

.mrg.