re: deadlocks

   > On 05-Apr-2008 Michael Lorenz wrote:
   >> So does anyone with or without SMP on powerpc see deadlocks since
   >> 4.99.55?
   >
   > Frank mentioned a few days ago he was getting deadlocks on Pegasos II.

   Those deadlocks are definitely Pegasos-viaide related. The MorphOS team
   confirmed that they had to implement a workaround for the problem.

   It is easy to reproduce. Just read files from a disk at channel 1 and
   another disk (or CDROM) at channel 2 at once. The system will lock up after
   a few seconds.

huh.

i've been successfully using raidframe on my pegasos across a
pair of disks on each channel.  i've seen some random crashes
that might be bad ram (i need to test it in a pc) but it mostly
seems stable.

   Unfortunately the person I talked to couldn't remember the exact solution.
   But it was something like acknowledging the channel 2 interrupt also in the
   register set of channel 1...

there's also the workaround the cmdide driver uses on some
systems to only access one channel at a time, but it's
got performanec issues...

.mrg.