Re: boot NetBSD using u-boot

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:02:31AM -0400, Fraser, Doug wrote:
> The other thing to know, is that your boot code is reponsible
> for setting up the controller. Look at the port that is closest
> to what you are using (CPU, and bridge if it is not an integrated chip).

If I understand correctly, Sam is using a development board with
U-Boot, which will take care of this early initialization and his
concern is getting from U-Boot to a running kernel.

As I'm sure you know, he specifically does NOT want to deal with
SDRAM configuration once he's running in SDRAM.  :-)

But if this is part of a larger project to get NetBSD running on
a custom board, then it's certainly good information to file for
later when he's updating the boot code for the new board.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/