RE: boot NetBSD using u-boot

The other thing to know, is that your boot code is reponsible
for setting up the controller. Look at the port that is closest
to what you are using (CPU, and bridge if it is not an integrated chip).

For example, we are using the Marvell Discovery and you need to set
up the SDRAM controller, the chip select control registers, and the
PCI BARs. The machine dependent code in the kernel uses that setup
to layout the memory map for the kernel.

It is useful to stuff all your hardware decodes, including FLASH
and PCI, into a single 256MB BAT region. Since the boot starts
at 0xFFF00100, you end up craming all the hardware into 0xF0000000
and above. Given that there are PPC MMU specific reasons for doing
this, I think it is safe to assume that all ports would prefer a
similar hardware mapping.

Doug

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.