Re: boot NetBSD using u-boot

Thank you for your inputs.  They're all very helpful
for me because I'm currently porting NetBSD on the
mpc8540eval board, which already has u-boot running,
and I will have to learn more about u-boot once our
custom board is available.  Hopefully at that time,
porting NetBSD on this custom board will be smoother,
and I can concentrate more on u-boot.

For PCI memory mapping comment, my understanding is
that it depends on the intent of what we use the
bootloader for.  In our case, we plan to develop the
BIST for the PCI devices in u-boot, so we need to map
their memory to be able to read/write to them.  But if
the bootloader just needs to have basic
functionalities, OS like linux kernel 2.6 will map the
PCI memory dynamically to support plug & play devices.
 I still need to find out if it's the same for NetBSD
though :).

Regards,

Sam

http://mail.yahoo.com