Re: Various Stupid Questions... ;-)

Hi,

I browsed around playground.sun.com and did not find anything.  Do you
recall where you found it?  I am very interested in the OF spec as I
may have to implement OF in a future product.

Have a look at
{ftp,http}://playground.sun.com/pub/1275/coredoc/1275-1994/1275.ps.gz

BTW, does anyone have an implementation of OF they license to hardware
OEMs, and if so, how much does it cost?  Are there any open source OF
solutions?

Of course there are commercial vendors that are probably happy to provide you
with an implementation of OpenFirmware, like e.g. FirmWorks (www.firmworks.com).
I don't know what they would like you to pay though ;-).

Regarding open Source OF implementations, I don't know about a complete one,
but you may want to have a look at www.tinyboot.com.  Note that I couldn't come
up with the time to look into this myself (yet?), although I'd like to know
how complete this is.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--