Re: Various Stupid Questions... ;-)

At 9:58 PM +0100 10/27/02, Jochen Kunz wrote:
OpenFirmware in general. Where can I get information about ofw? I looked
at http://www.openfirmware.com/ and found various supplementary
documents like bindings to platforms, busses, CPU architectures, ... But
it seams that I have to purchase a printed copy of the core ofw spec for
$$$. Obviously I don't wane pay $$$. Is there an other resource that
descibes ofw? (Beside NetBSD source code.)

This question hasn't come up for a few years, but if you ftp to playground.sun.com you used to be able to find a late draft of the OF spec available to download. It's pretty big, and I'm told it's close enough to final for serious work. Hope it's still there.
Henry.B.Hotz%jpl.nasa.gov@localhost, or hbhotz%oxy.edu@localhost