Porting to RS/6000

I'm currently starting an attempt to port NetBSD to 64 bit RS/6000
platforms.  I'm new to PPC (but not to BSD), and I'm currently up to
my neck in details.  If anybody else has done work in this direction,
I'd be interested to hear from you.

The machine I'm working with is a 44p/270, a dual processor Power III
machine.  This is probably not ideal for the first port, but it's what
I have.  Linux already runs on this box, so I'm trying to compare the
code, but I haven't made much headway yet.  Again, if anybody has been
there before and can give me some tips, it would be helpful.

Linux PPC has a single kernel which runs both on Macs and on RS/6000s
(including 64 bit machines in 32 bit mode).  I think this would be a
good goal for NetBSD as well.  Any comments?

Greg
--
Finger grog%lemis.com@localhost for PGP public key