Re: Getting started with the Efika and ofppc port

Devin Smith wrote:

> I have an Efika but I am a little confused as to where to start with
> the ofppc port. My Efika has a hard drive, and video card is
> currently runs Linux but I would like to migrate to NetBSD.

Currently the Efika is not supported. I have one myself, and the current
kernel (4.99.45) fails while analyzing SmartFirmware's interrupt-map
entries. I didn't have a look if this is a problem in SF or in our code.

When we get this working, then the real problems are just beginning. There
is absolutely no support code for the MPC52xx-series in the source tree.
Which means we have to write PCI-, interrupt-, serial-, USB-, ATA-,
DMA-, etc. -code from scratch!

At the moment we are trying to get the Pegasos2 port stable, which already
works quite well. Pegasos1 support should be easy to add when we find
somebody who owns such a machine and wants to help testing.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/