Re: Pegasos PCI-bus scan works

Tim Rightnour wrote:

> [..not using ofwboot..]
> That very well could be part of the problem. I'm not seeing the problems
> you are describing.
>
> Two easy ways to build it:
>
> 1) If you have a netbsd powerpc machine, just cd to ofppc/stand and run
> make USETOOLS=NO.

Yes, I have a macppc-system but this doesn't work, because I lack gcc 4 in my
NetBSD 3.1 installation. But I got ofwboot compiled with nbmake-ofppc, as
Jochen suggested.

> As for booting with it, just put netbsd on an nfs accessible directory,
> export it, set it up as the root device in bootpd/dhcpd and then tftpboot
> ofwboot.

Wow! I'm impressed! You're right, ofwboot really makes a difference! All the
hacks are no longer needed, and I don't even have to change the start
address of the kernel to 0x400000. :)

Now we can start inserting the required device drivers into the config file.
There are still enough problems. Two examples:

viaide0 at pci0 dev 12 function 1
viaide0: VIA Technologies VT8231 ATA100 controller
viaide0: couldn't map native-PCI interrupt
viaide0: couldn't map native-PCI interrupt
[...]
isa0 at pcib0
bus_space_map(0x384580[0:10000], 0x3bc, 0x4) failed: 35

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/