Re: Pegasos PCI-bus scan works

On 01-Nov-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
> To be honest, I don't even know how to do that, or how to build ofwboot.
>
> I will send you my modified pegasospci.c in a private email, so you can
> check yourself. After some failed attempts to disable translation temporarily
> I have delayed oea_init() after pmap_bootstrap(). This way everything works
> fine and I'm reaching askroot.

That very well could be part of the problem.  I'm not seeing the problems you
are describing.

Two easy ways to build it:

1) If you have a netbsd powerpc machine, just cd to ofppc/stand and run make
USETOOLS=NO.

2) if not, you can just fire off a release build, and it will get built as part
of that.  You can also probably manually build it with the cross-tools, but I'm
not sure how off the top of my head.

As for booting with it, just put netbsd on an nfs accessible directory, export
it, set it up as the root device in bootpd/dhcpd and then tftpboot ofwboot.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/