Re: 1.6 Release on Powerstack II

hello,

> > Or is the problem that all accsess to hardware are
> > trough open firmware calls.
> Yes. OFW dosn't provide interrupt handling, so all
> device drivers are
> polled. Therefore the poor IO performance.
>
> > At this point there is no
> > real hardware driver in the ofppc config.
> There is support for the Firepower machines only. I
> use this code as
> development bais for the PowerStack II machine
> dependent code. [1] Most
> code can be reused but e.g. the PCI config is
> completely different on
> Firepower and PowerStack II. I figured out that PCI
> config read / write
> stuff today, now I have to implement it... Other
> nice things as
> interrupt handling are still waiting for me.
> So there is somthing going on, but it will take some
> time to finish.

Ok, there are many things to do.
First I think, we need the PCI controller, the PCI to
ISA bridge and interrupts working.
Is a documentation from the motherboard available ?
I have found some pdfs from the MTX motherboard. But
this seems to be newer hardware.
I have also found a pdf from a ultra 603e/604
motherbord, but the board layout is diffrent.
Is there a list of devices we must support?

bye joerg

Bis zu 100 MB Speicher bei http://premiummail.yahoo.de