Re: 1.6 Release on Powerstack II

On 2003.01.07 16:18 Joerg Anton wrote:

> Is it a problem in my nfs setup
No.

> Or is the problem that all accsess to hardware are
> trough open firmware calls.
Yes. OFW dosn't provide interrupt handling, so all device drivers are
polled. Therefore the poor IO performance.

> At this point there is no
> real hardware driver in the ofppc config.
There is support for the Firepower machines only. I use this code as
development bais for the PowerStack II machine dependent code. [1] Most
code can be reused but e.g. the PCI config is completely different on
Firepower and PowerStack II. I figured out that PCI config read / write
stuff today, now I have to implement it... Other nice things as
interrupt handling are still waiting for me.
So there is somthing going on, but it will take some time to finish.

[1] My old CS professor said in my 1. semester: "Good programmers write
good code. Very good programmers copy good code." At least I try to be a
very good programmer. ;-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen