Re: Report on NetBSD-CURRENT and `hpcmips` on MobilePro 780

...on 2023-12-21 11:47:28, David Brownlee wrote:

 > It should be possible to build a soft-float userland which avoids FPU
 > entirely. If the relevant issues go away then that isolates it to an FPU
 > issue

Oh well... The detail I forgot about since last looking at this
is that the build configuration in sys/arch/hpcmips/conf/std.hpcmips
has

 > options         NOFPU                   # No FPU
 > options         FPEMUL                  # emulate FPU insn

...since there's no FPU in the vr41xx CPUs.
(Insert facepalm emoji here.)

From a quick grep at least, no other MIPS sub-architecture seems
to use that option, so probably no one else would notice if
something was broken in that code. Then again, that could be
another ill-advised train of thought.

Alex.