Re: Committing code to evbmips?

Dear Håvard,

On 24.11.22 20:47, Havard Eidnes wrote:
Is there something active with a full "virt" QEMU target?  Reinoud
Zandijk did some work to add virtio support to the current MIPPSIM
target but I understand the QEMU folks didn't want to change mipssim but
add a new target.

I have an interest in getting a virtual mips64el going, and newer
qemu has the "mipssim-virtio" machine type for this purpose.

I found there is no "live / install" CD image built for either of
mipsel or mips64el, and I wanted to run sysinst...  I guess there
are other ways to install into the image.

If you just need a ready-made NetBSD userland in a directory, you can use nfsrb2 ([1]) to create that for you. Your ride might be a little rough for NetBSD, though, because I mainly use it to create OpenBSD based NFS root file systems for my vintage machines, so this functionality works and is tested best. But I'm here to help if you run into any trouble when creating NetBSD file systems with it.

[1]: https://github.com/the-machine-hall/nfsrb2

I don't know how to get the created userland into an image usable by QEMU though, but I assume there are ways to accomplish that.

Cheers,
Frank