Re: Committing code to evbmips?

> Is there something active with a full "virt" QEMU target?  Reinoud
> Zandijk did some work to add virtio support to the current MIPPSIM
> target but I understand the QEMU folks didn't want to change mipssim but
> add a new target.

I have an interest in getting a virtual mips64el going, and newer
qemu has the "mipssim-virtio" machine type for this purpose.

I found there is no "live / install" CD image built for either of
mipsel or mips64el, and I wanted to run sysinst...  I guess there
are other ways to install into the image.

I booted the kernel with the CD image, but it turns out it only
contains the install sets and no "user-land"; I started it with

qemu-system-mips64el \
        -M mipssim-virtio \
        -m $MEM  \
        -cpu 5Kf \
        -kernel netbsd-MIPSSIM64 \
        -nographic \
        -device virtio-rng-device \
        -drive id=hda,format=raw,file=disk.img \
        -device virtio-blk-device,drive=hda \
        -netdev user,id=net0,hostfwd=tcp::2224-:22,ipv6=off \
        -device virtio-net-device,id=net0,mac=ba:bb:1e:01:02:03 \
        -drive id=hdb,format=raw,file=NetBSD-9.3-evbmips-mips64el.iso \
        -device virtio-blk-device,drive=hdb

and it booted with MEM=2g but stops at the query for a root
device because it can't find init.

Regards,

- Håvard