Re: 9.1 unusable on cobalt qube 2

On Sunday, November 29, 2020, 02:35:18 AM PST, Mark Kirby <demonicjerseycow%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed netbsd 9.1 on my cobalt Qube 2 but this release
> seems very unstable on this machine.

I have a Qube-2 with a NetBSD-9 snapshot from mid-June 2020. It has a fix for qube doing ATA via PIO rather than DMA; a rename of the front-panel driver; and a fix to the sh/awk MAKEDEV which corrects failure to create the new special node. I haven't see the symptoms you describe, but this box does have 256MB and a ~256GB SATA SSD, via an ATA-to-SATA board. I unpacked pkgsrc and started building Emacs and its dependences, until the box went down in a power outage.

I have a second Qube-2 in its factory box, awaiting an mSATA in an mSATA-to-IDE cannister and a memory upgrade. I will try 9.1 on that.

I also have a few r4000/r4400 DECstations which I've started reviving, which will give some additional exercise once they're back up.