Re: 9.1 unusable on cobalt qube 2

> On Nov 29, 2020, at 2:34 AM, Mark Kirby <demonicjerseycow%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed netbsd 9.1 on my cobalt Qube 2 but this release
> seems very unstable on this machine.

Would you be willing to try a recent -current build?  Several months ago I fixed some MIPS and Cobalt-specific bugs, and my Qube2 has been quite stable. I haven’t powered it on recently for various reasons (I was tinkering with it back in February / March, but as various pandemic lockdown measures dragged on, I had to make some major adjustments to my home office), but I will try yo.make a point of doing so again this week to see if there’s anything glaring in the tree now.

FWIW, my system has 64MB of RAM in it; that may be a key difference, but it certainly does swap when building stuff from pkgsrc.  I also have a SATA SSD (with a ATA<->SATA adapter) because the hard drive in mine was definitely dead.

-- thorpej