Re: Latest mips/evbmips observations

Hello,

On Sat, 3 May 2014 04:04:48 -0500 (CDT)
"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 May 2014, Michael wrote:
>
> > > Also, if one has scrolled the display back and further output occurs,
> > > the display is overwritten with the new output--which may be desirable
>
> > None of that should happen. Do you use VCONS_DRAW_INTR?
>
> There is no such symbol in any of the "evbmips" kernel config files,
> least of all LOONGSON, so that would be "no".

Ok.

> Also, on the repainting issue:  I've only observed the behavior while
> running 'lynx'--might have something to do with the tty mode it sets
> on startup.  Also, only observed when displaying lists.  In an unordered
> list, there is a single character of garbage 2 positions to the left of
> the "bullet" character.  In an ordered list, there is a single character
> of garbage immediately left of a single-digit item index.  Two-digit
> indexes do not exhibit garbage characters from other terminals.
>
> Also, after exiting 'lynx', any portion of the screen still displaying
> a list rendered by 'lynx' continues to pick up garbage when switching
> to/from other terminals.  The portion of the screen below any remaining
> 'lynx' output is not affected.

I see nothing obviously wrong in lynxfb.c - could you try to reproduce
the issue with a different driver? Ideally something like genfb on x86
or any of the other ports with more users?
( I'm trying to see if this is an issue with wsdisplay or lynxfb )
Under normal circumstances, no characters should stay visible when
switching consoles.

have fun
Michael