Re: ofwboot.xcf problem (port-macppc/44895)

Hello,

On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 23:33:20 +0300
Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost> wrote:

> > Well, the installation notes say
> >
> >   Note:
> >   ofwboot.elf is obsoleted.  All users should be using ofwboot.xcf
> >   instead of ofwboot.elf now.
> >
> > and there's no other mention of ofwboot.elf.  If that note is no
> > longer true, the documentation should be updated.
>
> Do we have a portmaster that is not AWOL? :)

Awful, but not AWOL ;)
I'll update the docs as soon as
- there is clear consent what works where - to me it looks like
  ofwboot.xcf works on old world machines, some new world machines need
  ofwboot.elf. Does that match everyone's experiences? Do we need to
  put ofwboot.elf on the install ISOs?
- I figure out where on cvs.netbsd.org the docs are...
- I have time to do it

have fun
Michael