NetBSD on IBM JS21 / Xserve G5?

I saw the IBM JS21 has the same processor as the Xserve G5. In theory, it's
then supported by this port. Considering the other hardware on the machine, is
it possible to run NetBSD on it? Anyone have experiences with this?

I didn't see anything in the source tree that would lead me to believe that
NetBSD has POWER6 support. Basically, I am looking at a roadmap to transition
from alpha that's not x86_64. The 2.3GHz Xserve G5 seems to be the best option
for NetBSD in this case. Is this analysis correct?

Are the G5 models still only running in 32-bit mode under NetBSD? Is the
onboard SATA controller still unsupported? Those two things would be a show
stoppers for me. Any ideas for more modern non-x86_64 1-2U server grade stuff
that has good NetBSD support?