Re: Smoking gun: NetBSD 6.0.1 userland instability

>>> In the old days, I would just use "-g", and presume that the
>>> optimization was disabled, but modern compilers don't do that any
>>> more.
>> The only thing -g should do is enable debugging symbols; it doesn't
>> generally have an effect on optimization.  Perhaps you mean -O0?
>
>No, I think more likely -dgl- was talking about "the old days", when,
>yes, -g did indeed kill the optimizer.  It's been a while, but there
>was such a time.

...back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, and computers had front panels
with switches and lights.

Thus sayeth the Old Guys. ;->

If anyone can give me some confidence in what switches I need to use to
get what we need, I can do the experiment(s).

-dgl-