Re: Smoking gun: NetBSD 6.0.1 userland instability

On Mar 7, 2013, at 11:25 AM, Donald Lee wrote:

> In the old days, I would just use "-g", and presume that the optimization
> was disabled, but modern compilers don't do that any more.  They
> reportedly try to optimize more often, even when not necessarily
> desired.

The only thing -g should do is enable debugging symbols; it doesn't
generally have an effect on optimization.  Perhaps you mean -O0?
I believe there's also a -mno-altivec switch, but I think that
might only disable use of AltiVec intrinsics (i.e. I have no idea
if it affects automatic vectorization).

- Dave