Re: Booting a modularized NetBSD 6 kernel (ffs.kmod)

William Ross wrote:

> Trying to boot the current NetBSD 6 Beta builds on a G4 iMac.
> I can install just fine, but after the install I can't work out how to load >
> the ffs.kmod kernel extension.

AFAIK the new kernel modules are not supported by any PPC platform at
the moment. The GENERIC kernel has still everything included.

> In NetBSD 5 I could boot with an Open Firmware command like:
>
> boot hd:9,ofwboot.xcf

There is a known problem with the NetBSD-6 ofwboot. I hope to find some
time to resolve the remaining issues in the following weeks.

Theoretically the new ofwboot should be able to read the Apple Partition Map
and find the kernel in the NetBSD root partition automatically, so
  boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf
should work.

Otherwise you can revert to the NetBSD 5.x ofwboot, until the problems
are fixed.

--
Frank Wille