Re: Keeping up to date with -current with a cross-compiler

Hello,

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:46:09 +0000 (UTC)
John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:

> > I definitely did this successfully a few months ago, but the knowledge
> > seems to have leaked out of my brain since then.  I'm crosscompiling
> > -current on OS X (because I can actually do the CVS update and build the
> > entire distribution in less time than the 9500 takes to do the CVS
> > update).
>
> Damn... that's either a fast OS X machine or a slow 9500...

Indeed, IO shouldn't be /that/ slow even on a single 604 with an ancient disk.
That said, SATA cards and disks are cheap these days, all you need a SCSI disk
for is to load the kernel ( and maybe hole a smallish rescue system )

have fun
Michael