Re: kernel panic attaching ahc

I somehow neglected to keep port-macppc in the recipients.  Picking
up the thread...

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011, Martin Husemann wrote:

Is it a GENERIC kernel? If so we could try with non-matching sources, as
I bet the ahc frontend has not been changed in a while.

Yes, it's GENERIC.

Whatever changed, it appears to not be related to the GCC update.  I
built a release from another 5.99.55 source tree dated around 1 August
2011 and it panics the same, although a different offset.

The last time I built and installed a release was at 5.99.51, but I
don't remember if I ever actually booted this machine with it.  So
I'm not sure when things broke.  I'm pretty sure 5.99.49 ran without
problems (next most recent install).

I'll see about getting a debug kernel built.