Re: kernel panic attaching ahc

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 05:57:39PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> As mentioned here:
>
>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2011/08/06/msg001446.html
>
> My PowerMac G4 (AGP Graphics) suffers a kernel panic while attaching
> the "ahc" driver to handle the SCSI card.  Details are as found in the
> backtrace included in the message referenced above.

The interesting line of the backtrace is this:

        0x0096c5b0: at ahc_pci_attach+0x1e4

Could you check wether the +0x1e4 part is still exactly the same, and
then create a netbsd.gdb file by uncommenting the line below from your
kernel config:

        #makeoptions    DEBUG="-g"      # compile full symbol table

then do config, build the kernel again (no need to boot it, if sources have
not changed), and then in your kernel compile directory run gdb on the
netbsd.gdb file and do:

 list *(ahc_pci_attach+0x1e4)

(or whatever is the correct offset now).

Martin