Re: machfb (sort of) working on Mach64 GX

OK, I rebooted twice more, once straight into NetBSD, once booting
MacOS X 10.3.9 and then simply clicking the "reboot" button on the
login widget, then booting NetBSD.

Each time, I saved a copy of /var/run/dmesg.boot.  A diff shows
the following ("|" inserted at beginning of line to avoid being
interpreted as email quoting...):

|  diff  dmesg-machfb-debug-preOSX-GENERIC.txt \
|        dmesg-machfb-debug-postOSX-GENERIC.txt
|
|88c88
|< EDID Comment: 3M-wM^W;DM-L^LM-L1^C!^SM-LM-NM^DM-D01010101
|---
|> EDID Comment: |113,117c113,117
|<   GTF2 hfreq: 8993
|<   GTF2 C: 31601
|<   GTF2 M: 52428
|<   GTF2 J: 12849
|<   GTF2 K: 50316
|---
|>   GTF2 hfreq: 229
|>   GTF2 C: 27480
|>   GTF2 M: 0
|>   GTF2 J: 0
|>   GTF2 K: 0

This is the driver where I commented out the "setmode" stuff.  Somehow
that caused these extra items to appear.  In the "preOSX" output,
there's garbage in the EDID comment.  Also something seems insane about
the values shown in the "preOSX" output.  May be a clue?