Re: machfb (sort of) working on Mach64 GX

This patch against -current does appear to work (ugh, I had forgotten how big
the default font was). Thanks!  Best of luck.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about this fixing the iMac, though I wouldn't say
there's *no* chance. By and large, the only changes I made were to the PCI and
internal device matching and handling for really early parts (the GX/CX
(pre-RAGE) were made during the PCI/ISA transition, and the internal device ID
registers didn't match the PCI product IDs like all the later ones, and there
were a handful of registers which read differently in the early chips).  I
still haven't added in any of the handling for the motley crew of external PLLs
used by the GX/CX cards, so actual modeswitches are probably out for now.

Still, adding a register-only mode-switch to the default mode made the big 1k
pixel offset go away on mine, so maybe it'll help yours.  Essentially, I found
that OpenFirmware initializes the screen with an offset for some reason
(perhaps there's display-specific data there; the hardware cursor data is at
the end of the memory range, not the beginning), so perhaps something is off
there.

The other possibility is (as mentioned) the CRT handling being buggy, since the
iMac had some interesting restrictions on modes.  I wish my parents' old Rev B
iMac was still alive and well... maybe they still have it.  I'll check.

Can you send a photo/video of the screen?  Might help in diagnosing.  I'd
suggest playing with registers in ddb as well to see if you can get it scanning
right (that's how I figured out where the offset was happening on mine), but
the iMac doesn't have a serial port unless you got an iPort, so you'd be flying
blind on the console end of things.

- Dave