Re: machfb (sort of) working on Mach64 GX

On Apr 28, 2011, at 3:02 PM, John D. Baker wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, David Riley wrote:
>> Can you send a photo/video of the screen?  Might help in diagnosing.
>
> Not my system, but the pictures linked to in:
> and the original threads to which it points.

Sorry, brain-dead, must have missed the pictures the first time. :-)

> I'd definitely be ddb-ing blind, assuming the USB keyboard will
> actually work in DDB.

I've never actually run NetBSD on a USB-equipped Mac, so I don't know.  I know
cmd-ctrl-power definitely didn't often force a restart (no independent
microcontroller pulling the board #RESET line low when it senses the combo,
like with ADB) under MacOS.  You do, on the other hand, have a real NMI button
available, which I would imagine should dump you into DDB, though for whatever
reason on my 9500, cmd-power (which does a hardware #NMI from the ADB
controller) sends me to a pretty immediate shutdown instead.  Maybe I'm missing
something... it goes into ddb on panic at boot just fine when it can't find a
console. :-)

A serial line, of course, would be almost ideal (but Griffin iPorts are hard to
find these days and USB serial ports aren't going to do the trick).

If you're able to capture any output, it might be useful to see the output when
you #define DIAGNOSTIC and MACHFB_DEBUG up at the top of the file.  That should
be somewhat instructive.

- Dave