Re: disklabel endianness problems

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
>> When connecting this same disk to a macppc machine, I can see the
>> fdisk partition but not the disklabel.  The kernel complains about "no
>> NetBSD disk label" and "disklabel sd0" shows nothing else than the 'c'
>> partition.
>>
>> Is this supposed to work?
>
> No. On-disk disklabel(8) is completely machine dependent.

I see.  If I manually recreate the disklabel using the same offsets
and sizes as the previous disklabel had, would things work?

One thing I have always wondered is where exactly the disklabel is
stored.  I presume rewriting it from a different platform will just
overwrite the existing label and nothing else, so I should not expect
data corruption.  Correct?

Thanks for the quick reply!

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv