Re: disklabel endianness problems

> When connecting this same disk to a macppc machine, I can see the
> fdisk partition but not the disklabel.  The kernel complains about "no
> NetBSD disk label" and "disklabel sd0" shows nothing else than the 'c'
> partition.
>
> Is this supposed to work?

No. On-disk disklabel(8) is completely machine dependent.

Possible Workarounds:

(1) check partition offset/size on i386 and use dkctl(8) addwedge on macppc
(2) print disklabel on i386, and use patched disklabel(8) that can update
    in-core label only with -R (read label from protofile) option
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/tsutsui/netbsd/disklabel-update-in-core-only-20110103.diff
(3) implement BSDDISKLABEL_EI as sys/arch/sh3/sh3/disksubr.c

etc?

---
Izumi Tsutsui