Re: X server through the xsrc sets on PowerBook G4 with NVidia card

   Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 02:01:17 -0400
   From: Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost>

   Wait a second. Does your powerbook use ADB or USB to talk to the
   keyboard? If it's ADB - are there any other wskbd devices? If you have
   more than one wskbd ( for example, a built-in ADB keyboard and an
   external USB numberpad ) then X will freak out. Mostly because the mux
   device ( /dev/wskbd, as opposed to /dev/wskbd0, 1 etc ) when put into
   raw mode will forward native scancodes for each device and return
   garbage when asked what scancodes it uses, and the actual events don't
   have any indication what scancode set they use either. Yes, that's a
   bug. The workaround is to use /dev/wskbd0 and if necessary have
   another section for each additional wskbd instance.

This is a 12" aluminium PowerBook G4 with an internal ADB keyboard and
no external or USB keyboards.  But changing /dev/wskbd to /dev/wskbd0
made X recognize the keyboard input, and it now seems to work dandily.
(I wonder why this wasn't necessary under NetBSD 4 -- my old xorg.conf
had no protocol or device option in the keyboard input stanza.)

Unfortunately, now when I exit X, the console no longer seems to
recognize keyboard input!