Re: macppc requests/needs

Hi,

I've given him a G3 Lombard PowerBook to work on but I have some spare
Powermac 9600's and a mac mini I could lend him for testing.

Do the serial ports still lock up if you talk to them too quickly?

I'd like to be able to set PRAM / power management values, particularly for my colocated PowerMac 9600, from within NetBSD to do things like, for instance, have the computer power itself on automatically should the power go out. That would make having a remotely controllable power unit more useful.

Since nobody is responding, one thing I would like to be able is to boot
the kernel from a FFSv2 partition.  That would allow people to use the
new WAPBL logging for FFS on their root partition.  This would require
some heavy ofwboot.xcf hacking, I suppose.

Just FYI, while I agree that being able to boot from an FFSv2 partition would be good, you can use WAPBL just fine on FFSv1.

John Klos