Re: macppc requests/needs

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:31:51AM +0200, Benedek Gergely wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This might sound a tad weird, but a friend became unemployed last week,
> so I figured I'd pay/sponsor him to work on the NetBSD/macppc port for a
> month or so.

Wow, that's very generous of you.  As a macppc user, I thank you!

> Anyone got any suggestions for some areas that need some attention or
> some unsupported devices?
>
> I've given him a G3 Lombard PowerBook to work on but I have some spare
> Powermac 9600's and a mac mini I could lend him for testing.

Since nobody is responding, one thing I would like to be able is to boot
the kernel from a FFSv2 partition.  That would allow people to use the
new WAPBL logging for FFS on their root partition.  This would require
some heavy ofwboot.xcf hacking, I suppose.

Another (small) annoyance is that the keyboard goes dead when I leave X.
This might be iBook G4 or radeon-specific, I don't know.

And of course the installation procedure needs work on G4; it would be
great if you could just pop in a CD (with autoboot! so just hold Apple+C
to boot it), start sysinst and install it in one go, instead of all the
manual steps required now.

Well, I guess this is enough for now.  I'm sure this would fill up his
month ;)

Cheers,
Peter
--