Re: 7600+G3 cache

> With L2RAM_PIPELINE_BURST, I get the same "L2 cache present but not
> enabled" report that I do with no L2CR_CONFIG at all.  (This puzzles
> me, and I'm fairly sure I was indeed using the correct kernel.)

It's quite possible (no, "likely") that powerpc/oea/cpu_subr.c will
not by default be recompiled in an UPDATE build when you tweak
L2CR_CONFIG in your kernel configuration file.

cpu_config_l2cr() will call cpu_enable_l2cr() if l2cr_config,
conditionally initialized by L2CR_CONFIG, is non-zero.
cpu_enable_l2cr() will enable the L2 cache after invalidating it, and
cpu_config_l2cr() will shortly thereafter read the cache config
register and test whether the L2 cache is enabled, and if it isn't,
print the "L2 cache present but not enabled" message.

So ... I think I would go over it one more time, ensuring that you
rebuild cpu_subr.c for the new kernel, and make absolutely sure you
try with the just-built kernel.

Best regards,

- Håvard